Sunday, May 8, 2011

MOTHER'S DAY

This year I wasn't quite sure how to feel about Mother's Day. The days leading up to it I had a few different thoughts of how the day would go. I thought that maybe it would be awkward and people wouldn't know whether or not to tell me Happy Mother's Day. I personally have never once NOT considered myself a mother. I became a mother the second Waylon started growing in my belly. Nothing can change that or take it away. I could never pretend that it didn't happen. Sure, I am not the traditional "mother" right now. I can't see or hold my baby boy, and I never got the pleasure of raising him, but I AM still a mother. Madison also reminds me every day that I am a mother. I know that right now I am caring for her while she grows strong and tries to make it into this crazy world. I long for that day to come. Once I realized that as long as "I" knew that I am a mother, nothing else mattered. I am so greateful for the wonderful and loving family I have. Thank you to everyone who thought of me on Mother's Day. Thank you to my sweet angel for first making me a mom. I miss you so much and even though you aren't here to tell me Happy Mother's Day, I can still feel your love. Thank you to my baby girl, Madison, for giving me lots of kicks and letting me know she is ok. I love you so much already. Mother's Day isn't only about my motherhood though, it's about my mom and my mother-in-law and all women who are mother's for that matter. Thank you mom for always being my friend, and sticking by me through everything. You are an amazing momma and I am so grateful to have you in my life. I hope I can learn from you and become a great mother myself. Momma Carol, thank you for bringing my man into this world, that alone is something I will be eternally grateful for. You are such a kind, sweet, loving person. I feel honored to know you and so grateful to have you as my friend. I feel comforted knowing you will always be there for me no matter what. Thank you for loving my eggs. :)  All in all, I had a great day. Thank you to my loving husband for making today special for me. I love you more than words can say. You are my everything. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, to all the momma's missing their baby(ies), hoping their baby(ies) get here safely, and to those who get to hold your little ones in your arms......squeeze them a little tighter today. I hope you have a peaceful day. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment