Tuesday, August 24, 2010

MY BIG LIST OF THANK YOUS

I feel the need to go in to detail about all the people I want to thank for everything and why, so I am going to list them all here. Some may read this and others may not, but I feel like either way the unbelievable kindness from all these people in my life should not go unmentioned or unnoticed. So......

Mom- Thank you for taking off work to be there for Chris and I in the hospital and the following week, I know how hard it is for you to get time off. Thank you for fixing us food and helping with the house and braiding my hair and caring about us. There are so many things to mention I don't even think I can list them all, but just know that everything you have done to help has been so amazing.

Momma Carol- Thank you for being my friend, and for coming to the hospital to be with Chris and I and for coming over to our house the following weeks. Thank you for fixing us food, cleaning, organizing, unpacking boxes, painting my toenails, etc, etc etc. You have done so many things to help us, I can never thank you enough.

Bruce- Thank you for coming to the hospital when you were at the airport ready to go out of town for work. I know you wouldn't have missed it for anything, but just know that we appreciate you being there for us. We were so glad that we got a hold of you in time. Thank you for helping us with the house and being here every day the following weeks to do anything we needed. Thank you for running errands and making arrangements at the mortuary for us. You are such an amazing Grandpa, I wish Waylon could have gotten the chance to know the amazing man he was named after....we picked it for a reason.

Dr. S- Thank you for being the most compassionate, attentive doctor anyone could ever ask for. I know this experience was hard on you too, and I thank you for being there for us in every way possible. Thank you for coming to the hospital in the middle of the night and holding my hand for the worst news any mother could ever receive. Thank you for crying with us, and most of all thank you for delivering my sweet angel. You hold a special place in my heart.

Hospital Nursing Staff- Thank you for taking such amazing care of me and my husband during our stay. I won't list names, but I had 6 nurses that tried to do everything they could to make me comfortable. Thank you for trying so hard to find my baby's heartbeat, thank you for making sure I felt as little physical pain as possible, thank you for getting me everything I requested and most of all thank you for handling my son's sweet body with care.

SHARE- Thank you so much to Rachael and Sonja for coming to the hospital for us. We share a common bond that I know we all wish was not the case, but we will always be friends because of it. Thank you for welcoming me into a club I never wanted to join, I feel lucky that good people like you are members too. Thank you for being so sweet and caring to us, people who until 6-21-10 were strangers, yet you treated us like lifelong friends. Thank you for the hand and foot molds of my sweet baby, and thank you for handling his little body so gently. SHARE has been such a huge help to me and I couldn't ask for more support, all the people involved are truly amazing!!

Dr. S's staff- Thank you for always taking such great care of me when I came in for my appointments, and thank you for being so sweet and compassionate when I came in for my post partum check ups as well. I miss seeing you girls on a regular basis.

Dickie- Thank you for taking the dogs to Dog Mode and helping us with the house and dog run. We appreciate it so much!!

Quail Pointe- Thank you for the beautiful flowers and the donation to the SHARE organization. That meant so much to us. I love each and every one of you, and I miss working with you. You will forever be my friends!!

NILMDTS Photographer- I don't remember your name, but I am eternally grateful for you. You have given me a gift I will cherish for all my life. Pictures of my son. I will never get to see him again in this life and sadly, due to the shock I was in, I hardly remember my time in the hospital, the ONLY time I got to see my son. Thank you, thank you for these gorgeous pictures of my angel.

Family and Friends- Thank you for all your support, your kindness and your love. Chris and I are eternally grateful to have such special people in our lives. Some of you brought us food, some helped with our house, some sent us cards and flowers, some came over and sat with us as we cried, and all of you kept us in your thoughts and prayers. We are so lucky to be so loved by all of you. Thank you for offering to do anything possible to help, we appreciate it more than you can ever know. Nick-Thank you for setting up a memorial fund and thank you to everyone who donated or are still donating, this has been really tough on us finacially and I can't even tell you how much that helps. Thank you for giving us our space and not judging us for having our feelings and not being able to see some of you. Thank you to our immediate family who have been here for us through thick and thin and attending Waylon's celebration of life as well as coming to the hospital to see us and our baby. I could go on and on, and I hope you all understand if I am forgetting anything....I sure don't mean to. There have just been so many amazing things, that I can't even begin to list them all.

I feel like I am going on and on and on, but I just want to make sure everyone feels special and knows how much we love them and appreciate all of their help. I am going to feel terrible if I have left anyone out. Just please know that I am not forgetting intenionally, I am just overwhelmed with trying to remember everything all at once. I love you all, and I hope you can continue to be understanding and just let us get through our grief one step and one day at a time. Please continue to think about us, be patient with us and most of all please be sure to remember our baby. We never want him to be forgotten, not by anyone, no matter what.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Furry and Jenny,
    Thank you for bringing Waylon into all of our lives. Thank you for loving Christopher the way that only you can. Thank you for loving me and Brutie, and all of Furry's siblings and family. I love the way you love your momma. I love the way you love animals. You are without a doubt, one of the most genuine and sweet persons I have ever known. If there is a meaning in life at all then there must be a meaning in suffering. I do not however, believe that suffering alone teaches us, or all the world would be GENTLE, PATIENT,& LOVING, since everyone suffers. To lose a child has to be the worst suffering on earth. Somehow, through the help of God and your own sweet soul, you have brought meaning into your horrific suffering. I'm so thankful you are my friend. Waylon is in my heart forever. One day, not too long from now, I will embrace him.

    ReplyDelete