Friday, August 27, 2010

NURSERY

My husband and I moved into a new home just 2 days before our son passed away, and sadly we never got to even get any of his things out of the boxes or put together before he was gone. When we came home from the hospital, I went straight to his nursery filled with brand new baby clothes, boxes everywhere, his car seat that was still in its original box, etc etc and it broke my heart even more to know that I would never get to see him in that room, it would never be the place he would grow up and do his homework or play. I sat there on the floor of the empty room for what seemed like an eternity, until Chris helped me to our bed to try and rest. After seeing his room day after day and remembering how I had longed for the chance to get to put his nursery together, but couldn't due to moving.....I decided I still wanted to put it together.

Most people in our situation probably have to come home and eventually pack up their sweet baby's things, which would be just as hard as what I decided had to be done to make me feel better. I couldn't stand walking past a room filled with boxes and unused things just here and there. I wanted it all to have a place, and that's just what I did. Even if I have to pack it up later, at least it was there for a while and that to me was better than not doing it at all. Here are a few pictures of what it looks like so far. I guess for now it is done.....but only because I don't feel like I can really decorate anything. What if we have a little girl next, that just wouldn't work. So....for now it's just furniture and clothes. I'm sure Waylon won't mind giving hand me downs to a little brother if that's what we end up blessed with.

Chris and I put the crib together one night and found out that none of the bedding I had bought would work for it. Darn it.....I'll just have to take it back I suppose.

Ok, so HE did most of the work while I sat and cried, but still. The dogs tried to help too.

I organized everything in bins and hung all his little clothes up in the closet. Yes....it's a walk in. What a spoiled little angel isn't he. I don't care what anyone thinks....he deserves it.

Here is the changing table/dresser and diaper pail.


And the nightstand, which for now holds his urn, hand and foot molds box, his picture and of course his stuffed horsey that makes a whinny sound.

This was the picture frame that I got Chris for Father's Day, I gave it to him in the morning and Waylon died sometime during the evening that same day. I never got to put a picture in it for either of them. The one that's in it right now is the one it came with and it breaks my heart to see the daddy holding the little boy up in his arms. Now, the only picture I can put in it is one of the only day we got to spend together as a family. I remember seeing this frame in a magazine at Christmas time and I knew I wanted to get it for Chris for Father's Day. I just wish I had known what that day would really be to us.

I have promised myself that I am not going to take down any of Waylon's clothes out of the closet or hang anything on the walls until we have another little one on the way and we know if it's a boy or girl. I will post more pictures of the nursery as it evolves down the road.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, the nursery is so beautiful. Everything is perfect. I like to believe that somehow Waylon knows. I love what you said about Waylon sharing his clothes with his siblings. I love the paint too! What a beautiful journal you are keeping. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the nursery, its GREAT. Sooo sad...but Happy too...it will be a special place to just sit and feel sooo close to Waylon, I think you guys made the right choice in putting his room together :)

    ReplyDelete