Friday, April 8, 2011

2010 SHARE WALK TO REMEMBER











Ok, so I have been backtracking a bit lately. I have wanted to get caught up on all the topics I had saved up for this blog for quite some time now. Eventually, I WILL be caught up. So this is a look back at the 2010 SHARE Walk to Remember. It was on October 9, 2010 just over 3 months after we lost Waylon. I knew it was something I wanted to attend, even though I knew there would probably be babies there, and at the time that was something that was sooooo incredibly hard for me. I knew it would be a hard day, but SHARE had done so much to help and support me not only in the hospital, but through group meetings, on facebook, etc. I wanted to be there to honor Waylon and walk for him. My momma, Carol, Julieanne and I all went together. I can't thank them enough for being there for me that day, it made it a lot better knowing that I wasn't alone. Chris was at camp for the hunt at the time, so he couldn't be there. It was amazing to see how many people showed up. We all wore matching t-shirts and sweatshirts with all the babies names on the back and everyone received a ballon in either blue, pink or white. We were able to write a message to our little ones that attached to our balloons. Just the sight of all the balloons was unbelieveable, and this was only a fraction of the state, just 3 counties I think. There were so many grieving families all brought together that day. Some whose loss(es) have been years ago and some as new as me. We took a walk around the park, walking for the steps our babies will never take. Then as the names were read aloud we released our balloons into the sky. For a moment the sky was filled with balloons, sooooo many balloons. When it was our turn to release, all of Waylon's balloons stayed right together until I couldn't see them anymore. It was incredible that they didn't drift apart. There was a short program involved and refreshments. Kevin Burdick was a guest speaker. For those who don't know his name, he is a recording artist. His daughter Dempsey Burdick passed away at just 31 days old due to a congenital heart defect. He now has founded the Dempsey Burdick Memorial Foundation, found here, it is a foundation that provides headstones to grieving families who have lost children. It is such a great cause, they are doing so many things to help people. Their site is worth checking out and donating to if you so choose. All in all it was a great day, one I will never forget and an event I will always go to in the years to come. Thank you SHARE for everything!! These are some of the pictures from that day. We love you Waylon and we miss you every day!! xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment