Friday, April 8, 2011

VALENTINE'S DAY 2011




Well I am still plugging away at getting caught up. I am dedicating all of today to blogging and getting my thoughts and ideas recorded. So bear with me as I try and catch up. This year for Valentine's Day we decided to change our annual trip a little bit. See, it all began in 2008 when Chris and I went to Bear Lake for Valentine's Day. We went out to dinner on the 14th and then for a hike up to our peak that overlooks all of Bear Lake on the 15th. Chris decided to be clever and try and throw me for a loop. He didn't want to do things on the 14th because it was too traditional. He decided that proposing at the top of the peak the next day would be better......he was right. I will never ever forget that day, I was so incredibly happy. We were then married on the bech of Bear Lake in August of 2008. Ok, now that I've gotten everyone up to speed, we have gone back to Bear Lake every year since then for Valentine's day. This year we decided instead of staying up there for a couple of days, that we would rather go and visit Waylon's rock. So we borrowed a snow mobile from a friend of ours and rode it all the way to camp. Much easier than snow shoeing I must say......however that was fun too. When we got to camp the snow was soooo high and it was really cold. We had to dig out his rock again, but the snow wasn't quite as bad as Christmas Eve. We made him a Valentine, read it to him and placed it by his rock. We didn't get to stay for very long, as we had to make it back down the mountain before it got dark. We went out to eat for our Valentine's Day dinner at the Ranch Hand. What a great day!! Thank you to my handsome man for making it possible. Happy Valentine's Day little man. Mommy and Daddy love you Waylon, we miss you so much!! xoxo 

1 comment: