Tuesday, April 12, 2011

WALK WITH ME

Ok family, I need your help. I have registered to walk in the 2011 March Of Dimes, March For Babies. It is 3 mile walk to support this amazing organization. Funds raised in March for Babies support research and programs that help moms have full-term pregnancies and babies begin healthy lives. And they will be used to bring comfort and information to families with a baby in newborn intensive care. I have started a "Family Team" called "Team Waylon". We will be walking in honor of Waylon on Saturday May 7, 2011 starting at 10:00 am, registration however begins at 9:00 am. The walk is held at the Layton Commons Park, 437 North Wasatch Drive, Layton, UT 84041. There is a map link on the site. So....this walk is free, however I set a goal for my team to try and raise $100.00. I figure if I can find 10 people to walk with me and each of them donated $10.00 then we would reach our goal!! I know this is a lot to ask, and you don't have to do it if you don't want to. I know that times are tight right now, and every little bit counts. I would still love to have you walk with me, even if you can't donate a penny. I am in the process of getting matching T-shirts for everyone, so if you're planning on doing this with me, let me know so I can get you a T-shirt, if you want one. There are 2 options. The first is just a plain black one with the March of Dimes logo and says Family Team, they are $6.50-$9.00 each depending on size needed and quantity ordered.....or we could go with a more personalized option of having shirts designed, but they would run about $15.00 each. I am leaning toward the cheaper option. I know this is kind of short notice, but the shirts can take a bit of time to come in, so I need you to let me know before this Saturday, April 16, 2011. That's when I will be placing the order. All the information for the walk and more about what March of Dimes does can be found at my team page TEAM WAYLON. Please, if you want to do this with me, go to my team page and click on "join this team". There are other options too, if you can't make it to the walk, but still want to support Team Waylon and the March of Dimes, then you are more than welcome to donate. Every penny makes a difference. Even if you can't donate yourself, you can give the website information to anyone whom you think would want to and they can then donate. There is also a button on my sidebar that will allow you to go directly to the team page and/or donate. Please don't feel obligated though, I NEVER want our family to feel obligated. This is just a cause that speaks dearly to my heart. I unfortuantely have learned that there are so many different things that can threaten the lives of babies. This organization is trying to make a difference by doing research to prevent these things and helping families with sick babies. I have wondered for almost 10 months now.....why? Why could no one see that there was a problem with Waylon's umbilical cord. What if there was a way to start seeing problems like these on ultrasound or something? Could that have saved his life? I will always wish that something could have been done. Although I will never get him back, maybe by doing my little part in helping the March of Dimes they can eventually come up with a way to save babies with those kind of problems, and sooooo many others. It really is a miracle when a baby is born healthy, considering everything that can go wrong. Wow, I sound like a spokesperson, don't I? This will be a fun family event to do together. I hope you will join me. Chris and I love each and every one of you. We look forward to seeing you soon. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Jen, can I make a suggestion? Create an "Event" on FB. More people, including the men in the family, will see your wonderful idea. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete